Advertisement

Classroom Book Haul || First-Year Kindergarten Teacher Vlog

Classroom Book Haul || First-Year Kindergarten Teacher Vlog Hi! I'm Maddie - a first-year kindergarten teacher (I'm going to keep claiming the title of being a first-year teacher through the end of the summer, haha!) 😂

“Books can be mirrors reflecting who we are, and they can be windows into a wider reality beyond our own lived experience.” - Dr. Rudine Sims Bishop⠀

This summer as I began to take a look at the titles in my classroom library with a critical eye, I realized my need to do better. As Lucille Clifton said, “the literature of America should reflect the children of America.” As teachers, WE are responsible for the texts we place in front of our students. So, I ordered books from Scholastic, FirstBook Marketplace and Thriftbooks. I'm excited about the titles I got, so I wanted to share them with you! 😊

I am so grateful for LaNesha Tabb, Naomi O'Brien, and Verba Ahiyya (the links to their Instagram accounts are below) from whom most of these book recommendations came. I have learned so much from their perspectives! I highly encourage you to follow these incredible women if you are not already.

LaNesha:
Naomi:
Vera:
Vera's "Diverse Reads" Account:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Make sure you are subscribed to my channel so that you’ll be notified when I post new videos in the future! I hope you enjoy watching! :)

Let's be friends! Follow me on Instagram (@primarily.yours) for daily updates! 😊



- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

B O O K L I S T S:

My Amazon Storefront (includes all of the book lists and more!):

People:

Social / Emotional:

Academic Concepts:

STEM / Science:

Topics:

Favorite Characters:

Easy Readers:

Back-to-School:

October:

November:

Winter:

February:

Spring:

End of Year & Ocean:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If you choose to purchase an item using the links above, I will earn a very small percentage of the purchase price - at no extra cost to you - for referring you to that item.

Here are the links to my Amazon wishlists for those asking 😊

Classroom Supplies:

Classroom Books:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Music Credits:



#PictureBooks #TeacherVlog #BookHaul

iMovie,First-Year Teacher,kindergarten,inspiration,kindergarten teacher,inspiring teacher,teacher,classroom,school,teacher summer,summer,learning,teacher vlog,vlog,lifestyle vlog,summer days,picture books,easy readers,reading,book haul,books,book,scholastic,first book,thrift books,cheap books,inexpensive,children's books,best books of 2020,first grade,second grade,anti-racism books,

Post a Comment

0 Comments